5 MIN READ
All-on-4 Frequently Asked Questions
Get answers to common questions about All-on-4 dental implants. We encourage you to consult the implant specialists at Riverbend Family Dental to receive more specific information regarding your individual case.
What are All-on-4 dental implants?
All-on-4 implants are a permanent set of fabricated teeth set on dental implants surgically placed into your jaw. They look, feel, and function like natural teeth.
All-on-4 dental implants:
- Are permanent teeth that can be brushed and cleaned like natural teeth
- Do not have to be taken out
- Do not need adhesives
- Are comfortable because they do not press down on your gums
- Allow you to experience the hot and cold of your food, as well as the taste
- Allow you to bite with increased force (up to 70% more), so you can eat all of your favorite foods again
- Prevent bone deterioration
- Restore your facial features
How are All-on-4 Dental Implants different from dentures?
All-on-4 dental implants differ from dentures because they are a permanent solution for missing or severely damaged teeth. They are secured directly into your own jaw, so they look, feel and function just like natural teeth.
How do All-on-4 dental implants compare to traditional implants?
The All-on-4 dental implant technique uses only four implants per arch, whereas traditional implants utilize anywhere from six to eight implants or more in each arch. The implants of the All-on-4 procedure are also placed at an angle, which allows for increased contact by using the natural support of your bone. In addition, the All-on-4 procedure requires no bone grafting for most patients, which is common in traditional implant procedures. Therefore, All-on-4 dental implants save both time and money.